Life Technologies is a global biotechnology company that is committed to providing the most innovative products and services to leading customers in the fields of scientific research, genetic analysis, and applied sciences. With 2012 sales of $3.8 billion and presence in more than 180 countries, the company’s portfolio of 50,000 end-to-end solutions are secured by more than 5,000 patents and licenses that span the entire biological spectrum—scientific exploration, molecular diagnostics, 21st century forensics, regenerative medicine and agricultural research.
Life Technologies Products
Applied Biosystems equips all of its genetic analyzers with the same proven capillary electrophoresis technology, application-specific software, industry-leading BigDye® Terminator chemistry, and world-class support.
- 3500 Genetic Analyzer Series
- Genetic Analyzer Instruments
- Genetic Analyzer Capillary Arrays
- Genetic Analyzer Polymers
- DNA Sequencing & Matrix Standards
For over two decades, our scientists have developed high-quality, innovative RNA products that make your job easier with faster, more robust and more reliable results. Rely on the RNA Experts and have confidence in your results.
- The basics: RNA isolation
- RNA essentials
- Ambion® technical resources
The Applied Biosystems® QuantStudio™ 3D Digital PCR Instrument is one component of the QuantStudio™ 3D Digital PCR System. The instrument reads and analyzes the QuantStudio™ 3D Digital PCR chips after PCR amplification. Small and lightweight, the instrument reads the QuantStudio™ 3D Digital PCR Chip in minutes and is designed to deliver accurate, sensitive, and precise digital PCR data. The Applied Biosystems® QuantStudio™ 3D Digital PCR System is an affordable digital PCR platform with high accuracy, sensitivity, and precision in a scalable small-footprint platform that is simple to use at any experience level.
Every cell culture project is unique. Gibco® is committed to providing you with products and services customized to your research and production needs.
- Cell culture media
- Fetal bovine serum
- Cell culture reagents
- Gibco® media 199
- B-27 supplements
Invitrogen™ is the most-cited brand of products for genetic engineering, amplification, purification, quantification, and analysis.
- DNA/RNA purification
- Competent cells
- Cloning/synthetic biology
- PCR enzymes & reagents
- Protein expression & vectors
The Ion Proton™ System is the first benchtop sequencing system capable of human-scale genome, exome, or transcriptome sequencing in a few hours—with DNA-to-variants called in a single day.
Molecular Probes® high-performing and vibrant labeling and detection technologies are the most referenced in the industry. This comprehensive product line includes pioneering imaging and flow cytometry solutions for cellular exploration.
- The Molecular Probes® handbook
- Molecular Probes® product brands
- The Fluorescence SpectraViewer
- The cell staining tool
- Fluorescence tutorials
- Flow cytometry
The Novex® family comprises high-performance protein analysis products, including NuPAGE® pre-cast gel systems & a complete range of protein standards, stains, and western blotting products.
- NuPAGE® bis-tris precast gels
- NuPAGE® tris-acetate precast gels
- tris-glycine precast gels
- protein standards & ladders
- NativePAGE™ bis-tris gel system
- precast midi gels
The ProFlex™ 3x32-Well PCR System is the latest in our line of Applied Biosystems® thermal cyclers. The ProFlex™ system combines the reliability and performance you’ve come to expect from Applied Biosystems® instruments with the flexible configuration and control features that adapt to your research needs.
The ProFlex™ 3x32-Well PCR System allows you to:
- Run three experiments at once with the 3x32-well, 0.2-mL block
- Interchange the 3x32-well block with another block type if your throughput needs change
- Access the system remotely (and conveniently) through a mobile app
- Program the instrument in seconds with a simple-to-use touchscreen interface
- Simulate your old instrument with Thermal Simulation modes
- Optimize your PCR quickly and efficiently with better-than-gradient VeriFlex™ blocks
The StepOnePlus™ Real-Time PCR System is a 96-well Real-Time PCR instrument perfect for both first-time and experienced users. The StepOnePlus™ Real-Time PCR System can be setup in a variety of configurations and comes ready to use, out of the box, with intuitive data analysis and instrument control software. Utilizing robust LED based 4-color optical recording, the StepOnePlus™ Real-Time PCR System is designed to deliver precise, quantitative Real-Time PCR results for a variety of genomic research applications. Life Technologies supplies a Dell™ Laptop with the StepOnePlus™ Real-Time PCR System.
Features of the StepOnePlus™ Real-Time PCR System include:
- Advanced software and instrumentation for performing a wide array of genomic assays
- Sensitive 4-color optical LED recording system
- Intuitive and robust software perfect for both first-time and advanced users
- Simple and flexible instrument set-up and usage
The TaqMan® Assay family is the most comprehensive set of real-time PCR (qPCR) products available for gene expression, miRNA, protein analysis, copy number variation, SNP genotyping analysis and rare allele mutation detection.
Taqman® gene expression assays, plates & arrays
- SNP genotyping assay
- Taqman® microRNA assays
- Taqman® copy number assays
- Taqman® mutation detection assays
- Taqman® real-time pcr master mixes